Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Fun with Nesting Dolls

Do you remember playing with nesting dolls as a child? Greta Lynn has brought this concept to fabric with her new line for Kanvas, Little Katerina. The possibilities for this collection are endless! Use the panel to quickly sew up a set of nesting dolls, or applique the doll fronts onto a quilt (in size order, of course!) 


The coordinates for this collection are bright and fun, too, all taking inspiration from Russian folk art and embroidery--from cheery florals to a "stitched" stripe and an all-over nesting doll print, you'll want to use them all!


Click here to see the entire Little Katerina collection.
Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

6 comments:

  1. These nesting dolls started out being Russian, Polish and Ukraian as far as I know...it is fun to see them in fabric! The fabric is so bright and playful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog!! Your post is fascinating. Thank you for providing such a useful blog. Continue to update your blogs with us. My granddaughter, who adores nesting dolls, received Nesting Dolls from The Russian Treasures. She is happy now. I will undoubtedly suggest them to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for sharing this blog, thiis is very useful blog. My sister loves Nested Dolls. I will love to tell everyone about these dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post!!! I really like your post on the history of matryoshka dolls. Thank you for this valuable blog. Keep updating more blogs with us. I also gifted Matryoshka dolls from The Russian Treasures to my granddaughter who loves nesting dolls very much. She is happy now. I will definitely recommend them to all !!

    ReplyDelete